Flash-info 26-4-21 ShawvilleApril 26, 2021
Monday, April 26th, 2021.
Good morning all ! Here are some information for you …
Summer vacation: Just a little reminder to complete our survey for summer vacation and children leaving for school in September. Thank you for your collaboration! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/V7PVCD9
Stat holiday: The daycare will be closed on Monday May 24th. Have a great day off everyone !!
Summer menu: attached is our summer menu.
Course: Screens for 0-6 year olds: Access to the screen has become widespread in recent years and the pandemic has certainly accentuated everything !!
• How do I properly use screens with my young child?
• Is it a good idea to use screens to calm or keep my child out of boredom?
• What are the impacts does it have on my child, on his overall health and development?
• Concretely, what happens in his brain when using a screen?
• Without realizing it, did the use of the screen have an impact on his behavior in other spheres of his life, routine, behavior, etc…?
• Can we already suspect an addiction in my young child?
• With the use of screens at a young age, what can I expect from my child when he is of school age, adolescent and adult?
• Do screens have their place in daycare?
• Do I have the impression that I have put my hand in a gear and that I am wondering how to step back and review the use of screens, without causing seizures in my child?
This “shock” training is for everyone regardless of the age of your child, parents and early childhood staff. Your vision of the screens will certainly not be the same after this videoconference with Dr. in neuroscience Joël Monzée. Speaker in Canada and in Europe, following this knowledge that he will transmit to you, many of your questions will be answered and you will be able to make informed choices as an adult while knowing the positive or negative consequences to come. Not to be missed, you will not be disappointed, guaranteed !! Wednesday May 26th from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Let me know your interest as well as your email address that you want to use to send you the link so that I can organize it. THIS COURSE IS OFFERED IN FRENCH ONLY UNFORTUNATELY!
Outing / activity:
Theme for the month of May: Baby animals!
Vegetable garden: In the coming weeks, the friends will start the preparations for our vegetable garden! Yum Yum Yum!
ECC week: May 31st to June 4th. In the coming weeks, you will receive our programming for this great week!
Cancellation of activities-Covid: Unfortunately this year, we will not be able to invite Moms for our traditional Mother’s Day snack. The same goes for Father’s Day in June. Also, our family BBQ / inflatable structure during ECC week will be canceled for this year… But it’s only a postponement, I promise!
Have a good week !!
Mona Donnelly, Director